This week Im highlighting this fabulous herb which gets overlooked and is way too underated in my opinion. Its our friend Cinnamon.
This herb can be bought at any supermarket or store in the herb section. It is used quite liberally in some parts of Europe. The Greeks use it in everything ! I should know being part Cypriot. They add it to tea, almost all cakes and in just about everything they cook even meat dishes. I reckon they are really on to the amazing healing properties of this little wonder and have been keeping it a secret .....until now. I have decided to reveal all to the world !!Shhhhhh here it comes.....
1. Carminative - helps to alleviate gas/flatulence
2. Good remedy for nausea and vomiting -1 tablespoon + 1 glass of water, boil - 1/2 hr after meals
3. Can be used to treat diahorrea
4. A warming herb - can be used to aid with poor circulation
5. Arthritis - 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and a dash of honey on an empty stomach
6. Anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties - from cinnamon essential oil
7. Diabetes - 1/2 teaspoon a day of cinnamon powder can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels in Type II diabetes
Note: Not to be used by pregnant women as a herbal remedy.
It is also delicious added to any herbal tea as a replacement to chocolate powder.
Love Anjani xx